Resolute: Admirably purposeful, determined, and unwavering.
3 areas we must stand resolute:
- STAND RESOLUTE: IN YOUR CHARACTER
– Character: Who you are when no one is looking.
– Who am I when no one is looking?
* fun fact: Daniel is about 70 years old by Daniel chapter 6
Daniel 6:3 ” Now Daniel so distinguished himself among the administrators and the satraps by his exceptional qualities that the king planned to set him over the whole kingdom.” ⇒ How are you distinguishing yourself in life?
– There are different ways to distinguish yourself to make you stand out.
– If you don’t stand strong in your character of Christ, it will bite you back!
– You won’t be given places of Leadership, Authority, or Responsibility unless you have proven you can be trusted with the SMALL things.
– Small character flaws will sink your ship with God if you don’t handle it NOW!
2. STAND RESOLUTE: IN YOUR RELATIONSHIP PURSUIT
Daniel 6:10 “Now when Daniel learned that the decree had been published, he went home to his upstairs room where the windows opened toward Jerusalem. Three times a day he got down on his knees and prayed, giving thanks to his God, just as he had done before.”
– What is you pursuit posture?
– Excuses we make:
* I don’t have time
* I’m tired
– We can pursue Christ through prayer!
– We will never experience a relationship with God if we don’t pull the kite to catch the wind and roll us along.
– How to pursue God:
* Grab a journal
* Grab a pen and Bible
* Highlight verses ⇒ explain in your own words
* Pray about it
– We must put ourselves in that posture
– H.E.A.R. : Highlight, Explain, Apply, Respond
3. STAND RESOLUTE: IN OPPOSITION
2nd Timothy 3: 12-13 “In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted, while evildoers and impostors will go from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived.”
– When we face opposition it’s not guaranteed God will shut the lion’s mouth, but we just trust and know God has our backs
Daniel 6:20 ” When he came near the den, he called to Daniel in an anguished voice,” Daniel, servant of the living God, has your God, whom you serve continually, been able to rescue you from the lions?”
Question : Has He saved me?
Answer : YES HE HAS!
HE IS ABLE!!!